Hopi Spirit Journeys
1, 2 or 3 days
Hopi lands are pregnant with prayer from thousands of years of ceremonies. If you enter with a sense of humble openness without expectation, you may find that the subtle vibrations of place, language, songs, culture help awaken a sense of your innate inner connection to ancestral wisdom. Sandra Cosentino
Sandra has more than 3 decades of sharing friendship and respect with Hopi people and brings you into their world with a depth of understandings so you can absorb more while there. She draws from a depth of experience leading mystic insight retreats and earth-spirit ceremonies.
Hopi 1 day Spirit Journey
This is a customized trip to include special circles, personal connections-insights, and a longer route not normally available on a day trip. 12 hours–a very full day!
Available year round as a customized journey.
Some of the experiences (final itinerary subject to weather, village activities we may be able to attend, group interests, and host/hostess availability due to Hopi religious society duties).
- visit to a large rock art site in the backcountry with a very knowledgeable male guide who has permission from Hopi elders to share ancestor stories which are portrayed in petroglyphs going back 8,000 years ago.
- traditional Hopi lunch in a home and learning more about art in relation to ceremonial life.
- we will attend a ceremonial if open and available (the major times of year for this are June, July, September and October.
- see villages on all 3 mesas as time allows–a big day!
- sharing and blessing circle and songs at a home of Hopi female participant in the traditional spiritual cycle of the year. You will absorb a lot by just being in the flow with her. She does not talk about initiated secrets, but speaks of the Hopi world view and dedication to offering their prayers throughout the year working with the cycles of the year
- guided insight journey led by Sandra to evoke deeper personal understandings for participants
- Visit Hopi people in their homes as time allows
$320 per person with 4 people + gratuity gratuity to 2 main male and female hosts who will do special sharing circles with us
Includes: transportation, guides, lunch in a home, program, reference packet.
Not included: meals not listed, gratuities to 2 main guides
with 3 people, cost is $400 each + gratuity to 2 main male and female hosts who will do special sharing circles with us
with 5 people, cost is $260 each + gratuity
discounted rate available for larger group with you also providing transportation.
Hopi Spirit 2-day spirit journey
- June 24-25, 2018: 2-day Hopi Spirit Journey celebrating Summer Solstice
- Oct. 20-21, 2018: 2-day Hopi Spirit Journey celebrating feminine energies of harvest season and fall festival
Can be scheduled year round, weather permitting–a deeper level of connection and experience than the 1 day journey
Includes and extends the Hopi Spirit 1-day journey described above with experiences such as these (final itinerary is personalized to the group interests, village activities and the season):
- special evening sharing circle with songs, participatory movement.
- Hopi dinner instead of lunch as on one day journey (bring your own lunch on Day 1 so we have more time in the field with our host).
- Observe village activities which are open to non-Hopis
Spend more time with Hopi host(s) with morning prayers to sun, blue corn pancake breakfast in a home, personal sharing and insight circle.
- Make a gourd rattle or other artist creation with Hopi artists
- Discussion on internet myth-making about Hopi and Hopi prophecy
- Historic Walpi village tour (if open).
- Lunch on own at historic Keams Canyon.
- See site where your hostess digs her Hopi clay from the earth plus she explains how she processes the native clay and makes her pottery (you can mold you own own clay piece).
- Option to visit a Hopi traditional farming area
- Return to Sedona in late afternoon
Overnight on own at Hopi inn (about $100) or camping option at Hopi hostess field ($20, I can loan you a tent.)
Cost: $700 per person with 4 people + gratuity to healer, includes transportation, guides, dinner and breakfast in a home, program, rattle materials, reference packet.
Does not include lodging, meals not listed, gratuity to 2 main guides .
$830 each with 3 people.
$600 each 5-6 people (2-3 people will drive in caravan with us in their own vehicle).
Group rates for larger groups providing transportation.
Hopi Spirit 3-Day Journey
This customized journey extends Day 1 and 2 above to include:
- more personal visits with Hopi people.
- sharing time with a knowledgeable Hopi about prophecy, internet mythmaking and Hopi ancestral world view in today’s world
- Hopi traditional cooking experience and women’s role in ceremony year round
- Hopi traditional farming and relationship to ceremonial cycle of the year and visit to a backcountry field
- Hopi arts and artists and their inspiration
- other topics customized to your interests
Cost: depends on program
Related Article: Circles of Connection in Hopi and Navajo Spiritscapes
Vision Circles in Nature: Sedona, Navajo, Hopi Spirit Journey, 4 days
Return to Hopi and Navajo Spirit Journeys main page